Pearls of Wisdom I receive by going within and asking.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Need For Attention

Harmony is my true nature. Yet harmony is threatening to my ego. When I am in harmony, my ego tries to find ways to get my attention and regain control. If I stay aware and watch it's strategies, trying to find fault with this or that, having opinions about this and that, I can recognize it as the child it is. When I forget and slip into distraction, it can grab a hold and whip me around. Now when I find myself in the grip of my ego and behaving from that less than harmonious state of resisting what is, I can smile and remember, harmony is my true nature, all else is just an illusion created by a child in need of attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My purpose and vision is to live an authentically responsible life in alignment with my True Self, joyfully expressing my creative nature, nurturing and fostering a heart alive with wonder and awe. Meditation, tai chi, self-inquiry, reflection, therapy, and an extensive reading of Western psychology and Eastern spirituality, have helped me to develop a serious commitment to living in the moment in peace and joy. Through my persistent questioning regarding troublesome aspects of my own life, I have cultivated effective techniques to guide myself in learning how to recognize, examine and transform the beliefs I hold that cause suffering in my life. Love, gratitude, and surrender to what is, is the key to living a life in flow.

Followers