Pearls of Wisdom I receive by going within and asking.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Taking For Granted What's Right

As much as I am committed to focusing on gratitude, the dominant paradigm in our society and a long standing habit of mine is to take for granted what's right in my life and to notice with full attention what's wrong. When I ask "what's right" with even what I'm finding wrong, it shifts me into a more positive attitude. I can then focus on how to make it better rather than staying stuck, stewing with what I perceive as wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My purpose and vision is to live an authentically responsible life in alignment with my True Self, joyfully expressing my creative nature, nurturing and fostering a heart alive with wonder and awe. Meditation, tai chi, self-inquiry, reflection, therapy, and an extensive reading of Western psychology and Eastern spirituality, have helped me to develop a serious commitment to living in the moment in peace and joy. Through my persistent questioning regarding troublesome aspects of my own life, I have cultivated effective techniques to guide myself in learning how to recognize, examine and transform the beliefs I hold that cause suffering in my life. Love, gratitude, and surrender to what is, is the key to living a life in flow.

Followers