Pearls of Wisdom I receive by going within and asking.

Friday, July 3, 2009

My Own Best Friend

When I have a problem, I can be very sure that I AM the source of the problem. Whatever is bothering me has to do with my reaction. How I hear or see or feel anything is completely unique to me. It may not affect someone else at all. No matter how many people I can get to agree with me, and as much as it seems like it is coming from somewhere outside of me, nothing and no one can cause my feelings, not even if they wanted to. If I am coming from an unconscious place, my reaction is caused by my conditioning. That's the bad news. The good news is that this understanding gives me all the power to choose how I feel 100% of the time. It's really a choice of being kind, neutral, or mean to myself. Today I'm going to be my own best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My purpose and vision is to live an authentically responsible life in alignment with my True Self, joyfully expressing my creative nature, nurturing and fostering a heart alive with wonder and awe. Meditation, tai chi, self-inquiry, reflection, therapy, and an extensive reading of Western psychology and Eastern spirituality, have helped me to develop a serious commitment to living in the moment in peace and joy. Through my persistent questioning regarding troublesome aspects of my own life, I have cultivated effective techniques to guide myself in learning how to recognize, examine and transform the beliefs I hold that cause suffering in my life. Love, gratitude, and surrender to what is, is the key to living a life in flow.

Followers